- Boathouse Naming Ceremony
At the official opening of on Saturday, Christ’s College boathouse was named the Blythe MacGregor Boathouse in honour of two former alumnae.
William Blyth (matriculated 1829) was the first Captain of Christ’s College Boat Club and was the stroke of the first CCBC boat to be Head of the River in 1833. Grace McGregor (matriculated 2012) was Captain of the Boat Club in 2015 when the women went Head for the first time, and was in the four seat of the Lent Headship crew. The naming of the boathouse in her honour recognises and celebrates the achievements of female rowers and coxes since women were admitted to the College, and particularly the Lent Headship crew.